Q: I am concerned about my children getting sick this school year, is there any supplement that would help protect us from catching colds and flu’s?
A: The common cold is an upper respiratory tract infection that is caused by a virus. The blend of Wild Indigo, Thuja and Echinacea have clinically proven to strengthen the immune system. The results of the clinical trial concluded, “The therapeutic superiority of the herbal immunomodulator over placebo was confirmed as statistically significant and clinically relevant”. This combination is sold under the name Esberitox and is available as a chewable tablet that tastes great. It is excellent for kids of all ages.
For immune support during viral infections I would recommend Anti-V from Natural Factors. Anti-V contains the following extracts:
- EchinamideT: A patented, clinically proven, super-extracted Echinacea purpurea liquid that guarantees high levels of the three key active groups of compounds responsible for echinacea’s actions on the immune system.
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus): The most famous herb in Chinese medicine for strengthening the immune system, which is now backed by scientific evidence.
- Lomatium (Lomatium dissectum): This herb garnered attention during the Spanish influenza outbreak of 1917, after it was discovered that Native Americans were recovering from this flu much quicker than everyone else.
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum): Referred to in Chinese medical texts as “the mushroom of immortality,” reishi is valued by modern herbalists for its ability to promote resistance during times of stress.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra): A valued, time-tested herb noted in recent scientific investigations for its antiviral properties.